All of you how are looking for a job probably already signed up to jobing, jobankusa, monster or dozen other job-search-sites but do you really think that this is enough? How many of you didn’t find anything for last few months? Although you updated your profile all the time.
What to do???
Maybe you should think about adding other options/other places where you can ‘follow’ job offers or just use other tools to be more visible for potential employer:
- tweetmyjobs — you can set your profile (for free), chose job channels to get instant notification of jobs (email + tweets). Big plus – you can get that job notification much faster than looking for those jobs on other job-search-sites
- ‘follow’ companies on Twitter — if there are companies you want to work for, try to find them on Twitter and ‘follow’ them. Companies (often) post job offer on Twitter, so you are able to get the information asap
- wopodo– reinvent your job search. Good tips how to write your resume, job offers
- advanced Twitter search — you can search for companies/job offers/ etc. which can give you more information what’s going on (don’t forget to use @ and # while searching, e.g.: #jobs, #hiring)
- Linkedin profile — you should concider to set a professional profile which can help you to connect to business world (other professionals, recruiters, companies). It will help you to check the job offers, connect to other professionals which can help you to find a job. Don’t forget to ‘complete in 100%’ your profile which means: uploading your photo, ask for min. 3 recommendations. Join groups and try to be active (ask questions, answer to some questions, keep communication with others).
hint: you can use Google search box to look for job offers posted on Linkedin – in a google search box type “linkedin.com: jobs+location” and you can search directly from google
- wordle – tool for generating ‘word clouds’ from text that you provide. The clouds give greater view to words that appear more frequently in the source text. It good to test your resume and check what ‘word cloud’ will generate out of your resume
- professional email — remember to have professional-looking email address
- maybe you take under consideration to start your own blog – you are an expert in something, so maybe you would like to share that knowledge with others and at the same time you are building your own reputation as an expert. At the same time it will be even easier to find you on-line
- ‘Google yourself‘ — check what you and others can find on-line about you. If there is something you don’t like, you better try to change it