App Store is a magic place! Ok, so maybe not magic but grand. This is the place where you can find mobile applications available on your iPad and iPhone. Place where you can check reviews, ratings and description that might help you to decide if the specific application is right for you or not. You’ve got your new iPad or iPhone and you are not sure where to find all those mobile applications people are talking about. Here is a short step-by-step guide what’s what on the App Store.
link to the video “App Store for Beginners” on YouTube: click here
Top Navigation Bar (iPad)
- All Categories – here you have the access to “Best New Apps”, “Best New Games”, collections, you can check more information on kids apps and games or if you are new to App Store – there’s some useful information you can check. You have also access to your Apple ID details, redeem gift card or you can send a gift card to somebody else.
- Games – access to different types of games available on your device: action, adventure, arcade, board, card, casino, dice, educational, family and music games.
- Kids – there are different age group you can find in this category.
- Newsstand – several different magazines (arts&photography, automotive, business & investing, cooking & food, crafts & hobbies, etc.)
- More – everything else that is not in previous categories. You have access to: books, business, education, entertainment, finance, food & drink, health & fitness, lifestyle, medical, music applications.
- Wish List – in case you are not sure if you want to download specific application but you might want to get back to it later – this is the feature you should try. You can save selected applications for later and when you ready get back to your wish list and instal those apps from there.
- Search – this the place where you can search for specific application by typing it’s name or you can just try to type a general theme and see what applications show up in the results.
Lower Navigation Bar (iPad)
- Featured – this is the “front page” of your App Store. It’s the place where you can start to browse different applications and check suggestions provided by App Store. This is also the place where you have access to All Categories/Games/Kids/Newsstand/More applications.
- Top Charts – you can check the most popular apps (paid, free or top grossing)
- Near Me – depends on your location you might see different apps here. It’s an interesting feature that helps you to find apps that are popular near your location. Might be useful when you are traveling.
- Purchased – you can check all applications that you installed on your device or all your devices (iPhone, iPad) as long as you use the same Apple ID across those devices.
- Update – list of your apps new updates (in the last 2 weeks).
Top Navigation Bar (iPhone)
- Categories – access to all all categories.
- Wish List – same as on iPad, place where you can save apps that you are not sure if you want to install on your device but maybe you would like to do that later.
Lower Navigation Bar (iPhone)
- Featured – access to categories and wish list.
- Top Charts – you can check here what’s most popular (free and paid apps).
- Near Me – list of applications here depends on your location.
- Search – allows you to search for specific app (by name) or theme.
- Updates – you can check all your apps updates (for last 2 weeks) and list of all your purchased applications (on all your iPads and iPhones – you just need to use the same Apple ID on all those devices).
That’s it. That’s all on App Store on your iPhone or iPad. Enjoy!